Monday, February 27, 2012

24 hours...

We are so excited to meet our little warrior in 24 hours...

C-section is planned for 7:30 am 2/28 (tomorrow!) - baby Newman will be examined and get IVs started in the OR next door; followed by an ECHO and decision based on that and his vital signs whether to go for heart cath immediately (to enlarge the septal hole) or be admitted to the NICU for monitoring first.  That is all we know for right now...

We can't thank everyone enough for all of your support and kind words, please pray for baby Newman's safe transition into the world tomorrow morning and we will keep you updated on his status.

To our baby boy,
We are so excited to see your face and hold your precious hands!
I want you to know that we are so sorry you had to fly across the country and that we let someone poke through your chest in an attempt to create a hole through your tiny heart.
I am sorry that I let them try again 2 more times to get the hole made.  I hope you were still fast asleep and didn't feel any pain.
I am sorry for any fleeting moments when I doubted you were made perfectly, I am certain now that you are perfect and I couldn't have hoped to have any person except you enter my life.
I am sorry I complained about all the OB appointments.  In the end, it was the best part of my day to count your kicks and watch your heart race on that monitor...
I am sorry for all the unpredictable elbows and body slams - that was your big sister!
And on that note, sorry in advance for the first time we turn our backs for a minute and she tries to change your diaper by herself or tries to feed you a play-doh hotdog she made for you... 
Finally, we are so sorry that tomorrow is going to be a scary day for you - cold, bright lights, needles and monitors- but please know always that from the moment we heard your heart beating you have been so loved, and we will love you each moment we have with you with all of our hearts...
Know that we will do anything we can to protect you and keep you feeling safe and loved.
I don't know why we were chosen to be your parents, but we couldn't be more thankful for this gift we have been given.

"You are mine for a moment, but you are His, forever His, and in this life I am holding you, but in His arms you live..."
--Matt Hammitt

My prayer for today:

BE AT PEACE
Do not look forward in fear to the changes in life;
rather, look to them with full hope that as they arise,
God, whose very own you are,
will lead you safely through all things;
and when you cannot stand it,
God will carry you in His arms.

Do not fear what may happen tomorrow;
the same understanding Father who cares for
you today will take care of you then and every day.

He will either shield you from suffering
or will give you unfailing strength to bear it.
Be at peace,
and put aside all anxious thoughts and imaginations.
--Saint Francis De Sales

Thank you, friend :)

1 comment:

  1. I've been thinking of you guys all morning. I've been praying for you to be surrounded in peace. We are praying that tomorrow will be a smooth & beautiful day & praying for the doctors as they work on his tiny little body.

    PS: Love the Saint Frances De Sales prayer. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete